Proof purpose of the journey for a private visa (nur ein Nachweis von den unten aufgeführten vorzulegen):
- Invitation for entry to the Russian Federation, issued by the Federal migration service of Russia or its regional offices
- Notarially certified, the written request of the EU citizen with a legitimate residence permit in Russia for the first invitation of degree relatives
- Proof of legal residence of the inviting person in Russia, such as a residence permit
- Written requests from Russian citizens to the appropriate consulate general, the accompanying family members also issue visas:
- Reisepass von dem russischen Staatsangehörigen
- Aufenthaltserlaubnis (oder Visum) für Österreich
- Unterlagen zum Nachweis des Verwandschaftsgrades zu dem Antragsteller / zu der Atragstellerin (Geburtsurkunde des Kindes oder Heiratsurkunde)
Please note: to grant a private visa with accompanying family members, the presence of host necessary. It must be enclosed in copies of documents certifying the degree of relationship to the applicant. Therefore the following documents:
- Valid passport, which has at least two free, opposing sides and must be valid for at least 6 months after visa expiry.
- The visa application. All questions in the visa questionnaire must be fully answered and all fields of the visa application to be filled out completely. Important! Enter the "Destination" to the appropriate visa center. The visa form must be signed by hand. We help you fill out the visa application.
- A passport photo in the format 3,5 x 4,5 cm. The face head-on, recorded on a light background, with no blackout goggles. Headgear are only for people whose religion or national tradition compel, provided the passport photo was also taken with headgear allowed.
- Insurance policy of travel insurance that meets all the requirements, such as: validity period, insurance, etc. We recommend this recognized travelinsurance.
Please note: : If you are not an EU citizen, permission to continuous residence in the Republic of Austria must be submitted for more than 90 days.
Important to know
A regular private visa is issued, if you wish to enter for visits in Russia. When applying for a private visa an invitation from the Federal Migration Service is to be submitted, issued at the request of a host Russian nationals or foreign nationals with lawful residence in the Russian Federation.
Ein Privatvisum kann auch für die mitreisenden Familienangehörigen aufgrund einer schriftlichen Erklärung vom russischen Staatsangehörigen an den Generalkonsul beantragt werden.
Visit civilian- or military graves
Persons, civilian or soldier graves visit in Russia, need an official document in the original or a certified copy issued by the competent Russian authorities and the Red Cross, in which the existence of the grave is confirmed. A document in original or copy, in which the degree of relationship (first-degree relatives *) between the applicant and the buried is confirmed.
If you visit soldier or civilian graves, usually a short-term private visa for the duration of stay will be issued up to 14 days. A private visa can be issued for entry to the Russian Federation for the purpose of receive receive urgent medical treatment, to visit critically ill relative or to attend the funeral of a close relative.
The application must also be accompanied by:
- parental relationship between the applicant and the visited or deceased
- written confirmation of a Russian medical facility, issued on official letterhead (with official stamp sealed), about the need for medical care, emergency treatment, examination, or about the severity the disease of the dependent
- person's death certificate of the affected close relatives of the applicant
- telegram about the death of close relatives with a note from the Civil Service
* Note: the first-degree relatives include parents, children, grandchildren, spouses, grandparents, siblings.